In this Privacy Notice, you will find information about the data protection practices of Tilney Smith & Williamson Limited of 6 Chesterfield Gardens, London, W1J 5BQ and any subsidiary of Tilney Smith & Williamson Limited from time to time (the “Group”).
This website does not collect your personal information. If you use other Group websites, however, your personal information may be collected on those websites.
In this Privacy Notice, we provide you with information about your rights under Data Protection laws and we explain how to contact us if you have a Data Protection concern.
Towards the end of this Privacy Notice we direct you to more information on how each part of the Group uses your information.
1. What are your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you?
This section explains your rights under Data Protection law in respect of your personal information. If you wish to request to exercise any of these rights or if you would like further information about them, you can contact us using the details below.
We will grant your request only to the extent that it follows from our assessment of your request that we are allowed and required to do so under Data Protection law. Your rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would unfairly reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required to hold by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you in a written format, free of charge.
- You also have the right, at no cost, to require us, and any third parties who we have shared your personal information with, to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information. We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change.
- In some cases, you have the right to restrict or suppress further use of your personal information. When you have exercised this right, we can still store your personal information but may not use it further unless you provide your consent for us to do so or as otherwise permitted by law.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to have the personal information we hold about you erased in certain circumstances unless it prevents us from carrying out the services you have requested or prevents us from meeting our legal obligations.
- You have certain rights to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different organisations for example, if you wish to move to a new financial services provider. This enables you to move, copy or transfer your personal information easily between our IT systems and another provider’s safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
If you have any concerns or questions about the security of our website, or wish to discuss anything in this Privacy Notice with us, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: The Data Protection Officer, Tilney Smith & Williamson, 6 Chesterfield Gardens, London, W1J 5BQ.
2. Changes to our Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and we will update this document from time to time. This Privacy Notice was last updated July 2020.