We are Tilney Smith & Williamson
Our purpose is to place the power of good advice into more hands™.
Welcome to the power of good advice
Life is full of decisions that shape the future of what matters to clients. Great decisions require as much certainty as possible; the kind of certainty that comes from good advice.
To place the power of good advice into more hands.
- We believe that good advice is powerful as it allows people and businesses to flourish in the present, knowing that tomorrow is taken care of
- We think more people and businesses should have access to good advice, regardless of the size of their wealth
- We are committed to being a key industry voice in raising the standards and reach of advice
Over the last 185 years, we have delivered the type of powerful, good advice that is personal, in partnership and performs for individuals, families and businesses alike.
Personal: advice that is delivered by people who really understand what matters to our clients
- We have a strong service culture that our clients recognise in a Net Promoter Score of 50 (TS&W Client Care Survey, February 2021)
- We welcome client portfolios of any size thanks to the breadth of our offering — from online investing to bespoke portfolio management
- Our business clients range from small entrepreneurs to scale-ups and multi-million-pound revenue companies
Partnership: working with our clients in a joined-up, collaborative way
- We are the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, so we can look after our clients’ combined wealth and tax needs, personal and business
- Our clients rate our service as friendly and approachable and tell us this is a strong differentiator in the industry (TS&W Brand Equity research, February 2021)
- We are a committed corporate responsibility partner, looking for ways to positively influence the communities we work in. Find out more
Performance: with breadth and depth of advice expertise, and strong investment performance
- We have strong depth of advice expertise, including more than 265 financial planners, 290 investment managers and more than 140 professional services partners and directors (accurate as of June 2021)
- Our investment performance regularly exceeds independent industry benchmarks (ARC)
- We are the UK’s eighth-biggest accountancy firm (Top 50+50 Accountancy Firms 2020 — Accountancy Age)
As a business, we have lived these values since we were founded in 1836:
we treat you as an individual
We are a people business at heart, and strive to deliver a friendly, inclusive and
personalised service to all our clients, large and small.
we go further together
We develop relationships that stand the test of time, spanning multiple generations.
We partner across the full breadth of our expertise to create value
for our clients, our company and society at large.
we strive for more
We are ambitious for our clients and for ourselves, so we aim to be a
forward-thinking and innovative business that leads the way in the industry.